Final research reports made available on this website
Third parties have prepared final research reports for Pork CRC Ltd ACN 150 210 325 (Pork CRC), summarising the methodology, outcomes and potential applications of research projects that have been conducted via Pork CRC (Research Reports).
Those Research Reports are provided “as is” for the purpose of disseminating information to the public.
Any views, standards or recommendations expressed in those Research Reports do not necessarily reflect the position of Pork CRC. To the maximum extent permitted by law, and unless expressly stated otherwise, Pork CRC:
- makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy, reliability, currency, completeness or lawfulness of any Research Reports;
- does not exercise any editorial control or supervision over such Research Reports;
- cannot and does not endorse the content of any Research Reports; and
- suggests that users of the Research Reports exercise their own independent skill and judgment before relying on the content of any Research Reports and, where necessary or appropriate, seek independent professional advice which is relevant to their individual circumstances.
By continuing to use the Research Reports, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, you:
- accept the abovementioned terms upon which Research Reports are made available to you; and
- release Pork CRC and each of its officers, employees and agents from any claims or losses that you may suffer or incur in reliance upon or use of those Research Reports.
SubProgram 4A – Future Feeds for Future Needs
4A-103: Use of algal biomass and biomass by-products for pig production – Michael Borowitzka, Murdoch University – Cancelled
4A-104: Algae pilot plant Feasibility study – Dave Henman, Rivalea – Cancelled
4A-105: Aerobic and algal treatment of piggery wastewaters for heat recovery, effluent treatment and water reuse – Howard Fallowfield, Flinders University – Report
4A-106: Growth, development and use of algae grown on untreated and undiluted anaerobic digestion piggery effluent – Navid Moheimani, Murdoch University – Summary Report Part 1 Report Part 2 Report Part 3
Sub-Program 4B – Enhanced use of Traditional Protein and Energy Sources
4B-101: Improving triticale production through breeding – Jeremy Roake, University of Sydney – Report
4B-106: Variations in amino acid and reactive lysine content of soybean meal – Jae Kim, DAFWA – Summary Report confidential
4B-110: Upgrading NIR calibrations for total and reactive lysine in soybean meal – Jae Kim, DAFWA – Summary Report confidential
4B-111: Improving the utilisation of cereal and pulses by pigs – effect of grain type, milling conditions and processing – Peter Torley, Charles Sturt University – Summary Report – C
4B-113: Grain collection, storage and distribution, and data management for 4B projects – Richard Trethowan, University of Sydney – Report
4B-114: Statistics for the Australian Pork Industry – Brian Cullis, University of Wollongong – Report
4B-117: Strengthening the AusScan pig DE, DE intake index NIR calibrations – Peter Cakebread, University of Melbourne – Confidential
4B-118: Canola meal NIR calibration implementation – John Spragg, JCS Solutions – Summary Report confidential
4B-122: Predicting the effects of fibre, grain digestion rate and the ileal brake on voluntary feed intake – Mike Gidley, University of Queensland – Summary Report
Sub-Program 4C – Carbon-Neutral Pork Production
4C-122: Installation of instrumentation for remote monitoring of biogas composition and operational data at commercial piggeries. – Alan Skerman, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF), Queensland – Summary – Report Part 1 Report Part 2